We are looking for Technical Blog Writers
As a Writer at Letstacle.com, you’re responsible for growing our organic traffic.
Interested? See “How to Apply” below to learn more before applying.
Please read all application instructions before applying.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You have the ability to research and understand technical concepts, then explain them in simple terms to people who aren’t tech-savvy. or beginners.
- You’re comfortable with accepting critical feedback without taking it personally.
You’re a self-starter who loves taking the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills, and are comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship of your work rather than just doing it to get it done.
- You’re results-oriented and focused on the outcome of your writing, not just the words themselves.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Writing and self-editing blog posts that are engaging, actionable, error-free, and follow our style guide.
- Creating your own featured images and screenshots for each blog post.
- Making requested edits without expressing frustration or irritation with the editorial process.
- Identify target keywords and using those keywords to plan, structure, and optimize your content.
Here are the skills and experience that will come in handy:
WordPress.org Experience: You’re comfortable with writing and formatting posts and pages.
Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured article with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational tone. You can edit and proofread your own work to eliminate careless errors instead of relying on an editor to fix them for you.
Copywriting: You can understand your audience and use their own language to position products as solutions to their pain points. Your writing is persuasive and engaging.
Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
SEO: You understand what SEO is and why it’s important. You know how to effectively use keywords in your content without keyword stuffing.
Basic HTML: You can use the text editor in WordPress to add link attributes and do basic formatting of lists, subheadings, anchor links, etc. with HTML.
Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
Previous freelance or remote work experience.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Tata, India, so company operating hours are 9 am – 5 pm IST. While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
Personal Computer with Internet Access
-Availability to participate in audio/video meetings between the hours 9 am – 5 pm IST.
A Letstacle, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Letstacle is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
How you found out about this position.
- 3 specific links to your most relevant portfolio pieces. (Submitted samples must be in English.)
- What piece of content that you’ve created has gotten the BEST results? What were those results?
- An overview of your experience with self-hosted WordPress.org software (not WordPress.com) and our products.
Also note, please don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applications, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly. Qualified candidates may be asked to complete a test assignment.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!